The User Experience Designers at Universal Mind have mastered the balance between left and right brain thinking. They are people who love digging into complex visual problems and generate thoughtful solutions. They are design focused thinkers and superb communicators. The UX Designer at UM creates. They create well-balanced visual designs that sing with simplicity and distinction. They create extensions of global brands in the medium appropriate to the initiative. They create excitement and awe-inspiring visions of the final solution. The User Experience Designer at Universal Mind exudes a passion for design and how design impacts people’s lives.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Generate new and innovative design concepts
- Listen and formulate solutions through observation
- Modify existing designs using UX process and guidelines
- Design and produce deliverable materials on time and with minimum supervision
- Present design concepts and solutions in a clear and effective manner
- Generate designs through information gathering, ideation and best practices
- Participate in the testing of developed software
- Create and maintain documentation
- Enhance the discussion of design focused thought and trends through participation in industry blogs, articles, and events
- Collaborate effectively with team members and throughout the organization
- Perform other related UX team duties as required
Skills + Experience
The UX Designer candidate should have a background in visual communication and 3-5 years of professional experience in user interface design. They should be comfortable in all parts of the user-centered design process including: personas, wireframes, information architecture diagrams, screen designs, interaction designs, interactive demos and UI specifications. Excellent oral and written communications skills are required. The candidate must be self-motivated, possess the ability to take art direction and constructive criticism, have effective time management and organizational skills and be detail oriented.
Contract and FTE positions are available.
*All candidates must submit a portfolio with their resume to be considered for the position.